The Business Lab Inc. Approach
Focus on the Facts
The BLI team focuses on facts and concrete evidence to determine solid action steps. Our diagnostic approach ensures that business owners and/or leadership teams thoroughly understand the company’s current situation before moving forward.
Prove that BLI Services Add More Value
BLI proves our services are worth more to your business than what you will pay. We do this by quantifying costs in three areas: direct costs, indirect costs and opportunity costs.
Manage the Impact of Change
The BLI team understands that our solutions change the way clients do business. We explain the impact of these changes and work with you and/or your leadership team to make sure their response remains proactive.
Our Mission, Vision & Values
Business Lab, Inc. strives to improve your business situation by providing objective, timely counsel and strategic collaboration with you and your leadership team. BLI maintains extensive business relationships and brings necessary resources “on demand” and as needed. However, BLI believes it is in your best interests to engage existing employees whenever possible to improve their skill sets and abilities.
• We believe in the power of your business to be an agent of change in local communities.
• We believe that your business requires quality resources at the moment of need.
• We believe that you need ways to creatively connect with external parties, as being a business owner is often an isolating, overwhelming experience.
BLI strives to realize this vision by using our mission and core values to guide our actions.
The BLI team defines success by the results we achieve for your business, with these goals in mind:
• Transforming your potential for success
• Closing the gap between the current and ideal performance of your business
• Providing you with an objective, candid relationship to expand your personal network
• Using our expertise to be your best advocate in the marketplace
• Exceeding the performance of 90% of your industry competitors with our people, financial analysis, strategic planning, operations and reputation
Integrity: We espouse the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior at all times.
Teamwork: We value each other’s experience and work together to implement positive business solutions.
Innovation: We value, encourage, and empower our independent contractors and employees to dream, to innovate, and to shape the future.
Respect: We respect and trust our fellow associates, our customers, our employees and our community.
Accountability: We take responsibility for our personal discipline and performance to ensure quality results.
Excellence: We strive to exceed all professional and contractual expectations and to deliver superior quality products and services.
Efficiency: We respond to specific customer needs by delivering valuable strategy and outcomes for a great price.
Markets We Serve
BLI prides itself in helping any small- to mid-sized business, but we have significant experience and knowledge in these business sectors:
• Life Sciences
• Medical Practices
• Professional Services
CFOs, Controllers & More
Contract CFO – Controller Services
BLI offers expert financial guidance to your business through our chief financial officer and controller services. These highly skilled professionals provide financial analysis to guide your leadership team and expertise in business planning, cash management and detailed financial forecasts and projections. BLI controllers specialize in fixed asset management and inventory optimization. Both CFO’s and controllers will strengthen your reputation as a savvy business owner.
BLI connects you with the knowledge and resources necessary for a secure financial future. We’ll help you figure out exactly what you need to add the most value to your business efforts. Do you need a CFO or controller? This chart may help you determine your business financial needs.
The BLI team will not only provide strategic guidance for your business, but can also bring in various professionals to help get the job done. If your business needs highly skilled people on a less than full-time basis, BLI will connect you with contract employees in the following areas:
• CFO/Controller Services
• Human Resources
• Informational Technology (IT)
• Sales and Marketing
Professionals contracted by BLI on behalf of its clients, can provide the following services:
• Accounting clean-ups
• Debt and equity financing
• Negotiating commercial building projects
• Supply chain engineering
• Negotiating mergers
• Distressed business turnarounds
• Bonding company/bank negotiations
• Resource alignment
• Raising the necessary funds to expand business capital
• Staffing and training employees
• Creating essential marketing materials